Popular Posts

Play Mat to House

I am excited to share with you another great blog today... 
Ani's Favorite Things


Ani has a great mom blog where she shares tidbits on her life, crafting, and loads of her cooking and baking!  She loves to bake and has already been sharing loads of holiday cookie recipes, with more posted each and every Friday.  Stop by for some great recipes to try, and see what crafty things she's whipping up when she's not in the kitchen!


Some of my personal favorites over at
Ani's Favorite Things...

    
 

1) Christmas Cookie Commotion - Cookie Recipes Each Friday until Christmas
  2) Faux Chenille Baby Blanket              3) Felt Playhouse               4) Mosaic Jello


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm Ani from Ani's Favorite Things.  I love to make things... for my house, for children (I have two adorable nephews!), for my friends, and definitely for Christmas.  I try to share some of my favorite creations as well as how to recreate them yourself on my blog.  A lot of my projects are inspired by others (who I give credit to, of course) and I hope my projects continue the trend and inspire more!  This next post is something I'm probably going to save for Christmas. 

I've been wanting to make a car mat for a while.  I've been collecting inspiration on my Pinterest board.  Feel free to check it out.  I would definitely be remiss if I did not acknowledge I was inspired by CookCleanCraft and followed their tutorial to make my car mat transform into a house!

I love the idea of having places for several different types of vehicles, so I included a Fire House, Hospital, Police Station, Construction Zone, and Farm.

I included the bank as well to facilitate playing cops and robbers. :)

And I couldn't resist adding McDonalds.  What kid wouldn't recognize that?

And, of course, cars need gas.  I put a park in there too, as well as a church (both of my brother-in-laws are pastors, so my nephews spend a bit of time at church. :)

I think my favorite may be the barn.  What can I say? I'm a country girl!

Here's the outside of the house.


And the front door.


And here it is all folded up.  I think it turned out pretty well for my first attempt, and I'm sure it will be the bomb at Christmas.  I also love the fact that there is plenty of space inside to cart around cars or even other toys.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment