Popular Posts

YUMMY - 5 Minute Beer Bread

Happy New Year!
To ring in the new year, I have an amazingly simple and delicious (and versatile) recipe to share with you.  So simple that your little ones can even help whip this up in about 5 minutes, as you will see in my photos below.  You're going to LOVE this one!

One of my new friends here in China (another expat wife, like me) shared this recipe with me after bringing this delicious BEER BREAD to our Christmas party.  She wasn't joking when she said this was simple!
SOOOO YUMMY!!

And, yes, I said BEER!  This bread uses a can of beer in place of yeast!
Ok, so are you ready for it?  Here's the recipe...


Yummy 5 Minute Beer Bread
Ingredients
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 12oz beer (one can)
- 2 tbsp Butter, melted

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 375F and grease a loaf pan.

2.  Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl, and mix until blended.  Add beer to your flour mixture and stir until well combined.  (Your mixture will be pretty gooey, as in the image below.)

3.  Transfer dough to the prepared loaf pan.  Pour melted butter over top.  Place bread in the oven and bake for 45 minutes until the crust is a golden brown.

4.  Let bread cool for 10 minutes in the loaf pan, then 10 minutes out.  It is ready to enjoy!  

Delicious!
 

I'd like to add, there are SO many ways you could play with this recipe to make some delicious breads.  My friend Megan said she added some cinnamon to the recipe, then sprinkled cinnamon and sugar over top with the butter before baking.  You could add shredded cheese for a cheese bread.  You could add cinnamon and raisins, or maybe even garlic!  I can't wait to try some other variations.

This bread is AWESOME toasted too!

I hope you give it try!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment