Popular Posts

Home Baked Donut Recipe

When I was a child, my mother had a donut-baker.  Much like a waffle iron, you'd fill the mold in the donut-baker with batter, close the lid, and soon after we would have warm donuts.  As soon as my children were old enough, I was on a hunt to find my own.  They aren't easy to come by, but thanks to places like eBay and Amazon, it is not impossible to find them.  You shouldn't need to spend more than $30 for a donut maker.



Home-baked donuts have been a favorite at our house for years.  I've created my own "secret" recipe to make them healthier, and they are still gobbled up in no time.  Here is my recipe...


Healthy Chocolate Chip Baked Donuts

Ingredients:
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar (I replace with an all-natural sugar substitute called SomerSweet)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Mini Chocolate Chips

Directions:
1.  Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and mix until well blended.
2.  If necessary, spray your donut maker surface with PAM.
3.  Drop spoonfuls of batter into each donut mold.
4.  Close the lid, and wait a couple of minutes until donuts are fully baked, and a golden brown.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment