I found a volcano cake posted by a "Wicked Stopmom"... ha ha.. HERE. I admit, I pretty much tried to replicate what she had created.
Here's how I did it...
- 1 White Cake, prepared in a 9x13" pan
- 1 Chocolate Cake, prepared in three round pans
- Chocolate Frosting
- Vanilla Frosting
- 1-2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 4 Wooden Scewers (to give support to the stacked cakes)
- 10-15 Chocolate Filled Chocolate Cookies
- 1-2 cups White Chocolate Chips or White Candy Melts
- Food Coloring: Red and Yellow, or Orange
- Pirouette Wafer Cookies, from Pepperidge Farm (or similar)
- Parsley Sprigs, or similar, for trees
1) I took a short-cut... I used two box mixes.One in chocolate, separated in three bowls of different sizes, and one white cake in a regular 9x13" pan.
5) I covered the vanilla frosting with graham cracker crumbs.
6) I used a knife to shave the edges of the chocolate cake to make it a little more volcano-like.
11) I added the Pirouette Pepperidge Farm cookies for tree trunks, the dinosaurs, and had to write "Happy Birthday Wes" over top some left over cookies since the frosting would not stick to the graham crackers (oops). It did the trick.
12) We stuck some sprigs of parsley into the cookies to make trees.
That is that! Happy Birthday Wesley!!!