Popular Posts

Homemade Pizzas

Hi, my name is Rachel, and I've never made homemade pizza with my children!

... until NOW!

This is nothing amazing here, because I feel like this is something everyone has done with their kids.  Well, not me before now.. and boy, was it fun!  I happened to have all of the ingredients we needed on hand, which was a bonus.  The kids LOVED being able to make their own pizza.  

We mixed up the pizza crust dough together, and let it raise for about 10 minutes.  I gave each child dough and they each used their own technique to flatten their crust.  Charlotte wanted to try throwing hers in the air.  Wesley and Tatum used the smash technique.


I suggested they make a unique shape for their pizza, which they got a kick out of.  Charlotte went with a heart, Tatum chose a turtle and Wesley, a bear.


When their crust was finished, we placed them on a baking sheet dusted with corn meal.  Charlotte came up with the idea of using a fork to score around the edges of the crust.  Tatum and Wes liked that idea too.


We had pre-made pizza sauce on hand, which made it quick and easy.  I added it to each crust and let the kids spread it out.  Afterwards, I wished I had added more sauce then you see above... just not quite enough!


Next, the kids sprinkled cheese on top to their liking.  We used mozzarella and a little bit of cheddar shred.  Using the pre-shredded cheese was another big time-saver.

We didn't happen to have any pepperoni on hand, so the kids just left their pizzas at that.  We baked them, and voila!


A yummy supper, the kids got to make themselves!


The pizza was good, though the crust wasn't my favorite.  I would suggest trying a couple pizza dough recipes to find your favorite if you don't already have one.  Anyone got a favorite dough recipe to share??

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment