Popular Posts

Calling All Summer Scholars

Don't be alarmed by all of the text!  
I have a great offer for you at the end of this post.  :)


What will you be doing this summer?
Or, should I ask... what will your children be doing?




If you are like me, you are a stay-at-home mom.  You look forward to the summer when your children are home with you... but you also know that your job is about to get a lot more demanding.  I can't keep on top of the housework as it is!  However, I want summer to be fun for my kids.  I want to enjoy the summer WITH my kids.  And, most of all, I want my kids to get something meaningful out of that time.


Summer is a fun time.  It is also a time when children slip into a new routine and risk losing valuable skills learned the previous school year.  This is referred to as Summer Learning Loss.  There has been a lot of research on this subject, showing that children lose about a month’s equivalent of learning each summer.  In math, that averages as much as 2.6 months of learning lost.  Each fall our teachers spend the first months reteaching our children skills so that they can move onto new material.  But it doesn’t have to be that way!




As a parent of three, I saw great value in adding educational experiences into my child’s summer days at home.  I had great intentions of doing so too.  However, I realized it wasn’t as easy as I had hoped it would be.  I never found myself organized enough to pull it off.  That is what led me to create a summer learning program for parents and caregivers to use with their children over the summer months.  I created the Sun Scholars Summer Program to be an easy way to combine education and fun into your child’s summer vacation.

SO... here is what you've been reading all of this for...

I will be selecting four individuals to help me pilot my Sun Scholars Summer Program.  Each person selected will be given a complete copy of my summer program free of charge.  In return, you commit to share the program with your child(ren) or the child(ren) in your care over a six week period.  Once a week you will be asked to share some photos, highlights, and comments on how things went.


You can find more information on my program HERE.  You can also download a sample week of the program HERE.


Your commitment:
-  Begin the program the first week in May
-  Select 6 of the 12 themed weekly kits
-  Share at least one of the four activities each week day with your child(ren), or the child(ren) in your care
-  Be willing to participate for 6 consecutive weeks
-  At the end of each week share a few photos and provide some feedback



So... are you in?

How to register:
-  Check out the program and see if it will work for you!
-  Comment to this post, sharing a little about yourself and the child(ren) you will share the program with.
-  Most importantly, share in your comment WHY you would like to give the Sun Scholar Summer Program a try!



I will select the four Sun Scholar Mommas/Daddies/Grandmas/Nannies/etc. based on their responses.  Listen... you don't have to be wearing a cape to pull this program off.  Let me prove it to you!  Winners will be announced at the kick off for For the Kids Friday at 10pm on April 21st.

Good luck!  I am SO excited to share this program with all of you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment